Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cinderella

Do you ever wish you had a fairy godmother?
Yesterday I was watching Cinderella with my... what do you call your cousin's kid? Anyway, she loves this movie and I remembered that I do to. As I watched it I found myself wishing that there was someone who could come and make all my problems go away. My problems are very different from Cinderella's, but I still feel like running out into the garden and crying on a bench under a weeping willow sometimes too.

But then it hit me: her fairy godmother only came to her after she had done absolutely everything in her power to solve the problem on her own. With the help of her friends she had not only done all the crazy housework that her step-family had given her, but she'd managed to have a pretty great dress. She did everything that was expected of her... and it still wasn't enough. And that is when the higher power intervened and the magic happened.

Well, we all have a higher power looking out for us. Who needs a fairy godmother when we have a Savior? Jesus Christ will come and make everything better when we put our trust in him. He expects us to do our part, but when that is not enough, he makes the magic happen. He may not turn a pumpkin into a carriage, but he can show us how to do it. And give us the love that we lack. He sends us friends who help us to do what we need and he sends us peace.

I am really grateful that I have a Savior who can help me when I'm crying and alone. He was once alone in a garden too.

5 comments:

  1. BAH!! You have a blog!!! I always knew that you would be a great blogger. After having consumed your entire blog I have a few comments:
    -I loved (love?) Faerie Tale Theatre too
    -I love books too
    -I love TiVo, but I agree that I watch more when I have access to TiVo
    -And I also can't stand Bill O'Reilly.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post :) i really liked reading that... i've never thought of that comparison before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really deep! I LOVE Cinderella but had never thought of it in this way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great comparison. Thanks for a wonderful spiritual thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am touched and inspired by this, Heather. You are spiritual and brilliant. I LOVE YOU!! And I'm amazed to be your Mom. :>

    ReplyDelete