Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Memorial

Today I feel very grateful for the Spirit that good music can bring to an emotional time.

We had a memorial service for my uncle today. He passed away last week and it has been a very difficult time for my family. But my dad was able to fly into town and spend a day or two with us and that was nice. My dad also has a wonderful voice and it was such a blessing to hear him sing. His voice has comforted me since I was born, and today was just the same. He sang This Is The Christ. He was really worried about it before hand because he didn't feel well prepared but it was amazing. I felt the Spirit very strongly.

I am very grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know that my family can be together forever -- even when we have been separated in this life. I am grateful for the fact that the Lord has a plan for our lives and that we can have faith in that when things get hard. I know that He took my uncle Karl at this time because it will be a turning point in my family. I know that Karl will be working to help heal the rifts that have been causing pain for so many years.

I am grateful for a family full of faithful priesthood holders who are able to bless and testify. Thank you Scott, Brian, Kent, John and Daddy. You are all brilliant examples of what men should be. I am grateful for the most amazing grandparents who have ever lived. They have changed my life forever. I am grateful for parents who have taught me the gospel and how to always see the best and give the benefit of the doubt to everyone. I love you. 

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment