Thursday, March 4, 2010

Temple

I will admit that this post was inspired by Nicole's post yesterday.

I am a music person. I'm a firm believer in the fact that music can change the mood in a room faster than pretty much anything. I love dancing and music that makes me want to move is my favorite. But there are moments when I need to be still. I have found that sitting in the chappel while I wait for a temple session is the best place to prepare to be still. The music is quiet and peaceful, and there is just a spirit about the hymns that can't be found with other music.

I'm not married so I usually go to the temple by myself, but there have been a few times when I've gone with other people. I find it really difficult when these people want to talk, or whisper rather, while we wait - even when it's about gospel topics. For me that is the time to pray and begin asking the Lord for the answers that I'm seeking. Sometimes I look at the name that I'm doing the work for and try to imagine what life was like for them (it always says where they are from and when they were born). Or I'll just read the scriptures. I know that the music that is played there is a great help to the spirit that can be felt in the chappel.

No comments:

Post a Comment