Sunday, March 11, 2012

I quit Facebook

This has honestly been coming on for a while. I have been growing more and more frustrated with Facebook over the last few months. I have never been a huge facebook user. I'm more private and really don't want the whole world to know what I'm having for breakfast, or that I'm now in a relationship with Mr Perfect. (I'd be making that part up anyway.) So the twitter-like constant status updates were never my cup of tea. When I did spend time on facebook I usually just looked at people's photo albums. But the sad part of that was this: I felt like I was connecting with them. So instead of calling or sending an email, I would just look at their facebook page and feel like we were all caught up. So, as I've been realizing the sad state of my actual relationships, I have liked Facebook less and less.

The kicker for me though was this Timeline thing. It's confusing and awkward and I didn't like it right from the beginning. Well yesterday I got a notice telling me "Congratulations! You are being upgraded to the Timeline profile! Take the tour, start it now, or just wait until the automatic update in a few weeks." I couldn't find anywhere to click that would say "NO, NO ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!" So I quit.

This is not the end of my social networking though. I'm still using Google + because I like that format a lot better. So if you really need to find me online you can.

Well, I'd be interested in your thoughts. What do you recommend I do with all my extra time? : )

1 comment:

  1. i recommend you play just dance with me.
    but i think you were already cured of the facebook thing, since you were hardly on there.
    which unfortunately means you get no extra time.
    since you already had it anyway.

    ReplyDelete